Online dating definitely is not for those who mind getting bruised. I don’t mean that literally, but it is true that my ego has taken a few blows over the past months.
I have some personal goals for the year now. I am trying to not have them be reflective of anything other than what I want for me. And I am also trying to remind myself that I am tough and awesome even as I am now, because seriously — raising a kid on your own is hard work. My ex is still recovering from surgery and is not able to help a lot. I have no local family. *Anything* I am able to accomplish in the way of personal goals is therefore automatically badass ×5. Even if outsiders don’t see that, I do.
Anyway. My goals:
1. Do the Bruneau Dunes race this year… Maybe 13 miles?
2. Get my bike fixed and use it. Take my kiddo on the greenbelt and try some foothill trails.
3. Use my park pass. Visit Craters of the Moon, Grand Teton, Arches… At minimum.
4. Go camping at least 3 times this summer. This is sort of implied in the last item. But I want to make that normal again.
5. Survive my first year at a scary new job. It is scary now because I feel like I need to prove they made the right decision in hiring me. I am feeling a lot of internal pressure right now, and I just have to push through that for a while.